The Atlanta Housewives are Coming...

Monday, January 26, 2009

Lisa Raye Speaks to Essence

ESSENCE.COM: Nice to hear from you. You've laid low since all the hoopla surrounding your marriage to Turks and Caicos Premier Michael Misick. How have you been holding up?
LISARAYE McCOY-MISICK: Why is it that people don't embrace one another when we're going through a tough time? Some of the things I read about me were so wrong and hurtful, but I am fine. It's okay to move forward because things happen. Does it hurt? Yes. Am I disappointed? Incredibly. But this too shall pass.

ESSENCE.COM: Is it difficult to go through rough times publicly, especially with a spouse.
LISARAYE: Yes. There is a law in Turks and Caicos that you must remain married for three years before you begin any kind of divorce proceedings. If you want to get a divorce before that you have to be able to prove certain things that will grant you the right to do so.

ESSENCE.COM: What evidence did you provide that helped you in your case?
LISARAYE: I can't be specific right now. I will say that there are things that happen within a marriage which can disrespect the union and actions can be taken against those things. As an actress, I have put myself out there as an independent Black woman, a single mom, a go-getter, a hustler who isn't afraid to survive. If you get with a man who goes against who you are or what you believe in, people who know you begin to say, "Hey, that's not the LisaRaye I know." As his wife, my name has been associated with things that I have nothing to do with, and I have to fight to clear my name.

Full Interview:http://www.essence.com/news_entertainment/entertainment/articles/lisa_raye_interview_part_1
Lisa Raye and Daughter

Family Portrait of Lisa, Daughter and Half Sister Da'Brat







No comments:

MJ Ghost Real or Fiction?????

New Jay-Z " D.O.A. -Death of Auto-Tune"